Castor Oil is one of those underrated products that your friends will be ever thankful to you for introducing it to them. It is one of Earth’s oldest and most versatile healing gifts, as it is jam-packed with antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins, including vitamin E.
Castor Oil can be used on your skin, on your hair, by itself or combined with other products to make your own body butter, hair mask, stretch mark lotion and the list goes on.
Before we get the my top ten uses of Castor Oil, it is worth mentioning that I often mix Castor Oil with essential oils, because it will not only add a soothing scent, but the essential oils are often packed with other useful benefits.
Anyways, find below find my 10 favorite everyday uses for Castor Oil:
- Apply it on your scalp and roots to grow stronger and fuller hair.
- Fight hair thinning and hair loss by mixing Castor Oil with Eucalyptus or Peppermint Oil and apply the solution on bald spots or baby hair.
- Fade stretch marks and scars by rubbing Castor Oil on the area regularly.
- Grow longer and fuller eyelashes by applying Castor every day. It will take 2-3 months before you’ll be able to see results, but the juice is definitely worth the squeeze.
- Heal chapped feet by applying Castor Oil overnight and covering your feet with thin cotton socks.
- Apply of few drops of Castor Oil before leaving your house in order to protect your lips from drying during winter.
- Facilitate bowel movement by ingesting a teaspoon of Castor in the morning. If there are no improvements after, its best you see your physician.
- Ricinoleic acid, which is present in Castor Oil, helps the scalp balance its pH level. It can also replenish the scalp’s natural oils and revitalize hair after years of harsh treatment.
- Thanks to its wealth of Vitamin E, Castor Oil will help you repair split ends as well.
Detoxify your skin with Castor Oil, as it gets rid of dead skin cells, black heads and excess oil. It will simultaneously moisturize your skin.